Solar display &
Solar Dashboard for SMA solar monitoring components
With the SMA Portal, system operators and installers have access to the most important data of their photovoltaic system at any time. When it comes to analysing measured values or visualising yields, Sunny Portal leaves hardly any wish unfulfilled.
Solar large displays from solarfox can call up the data from the Sunny Portal and are therefore compatible with all components.
For the use of a photovoltaic display to illustrate energy data, only an Internet connection is required on site. The system is thus compatible with any photovoltaic system with inverters or components from SMA, the only requirement being an Internet connection via LAN or WLAN. This has the advantage that you do not need any direct cabling between the inverter or monitoring components and the large solar displays. This gives you maximum flexibility to select any location for the solar display installation
Solarfox® as an alternative to the SMA Matrix
SMA discontinued production of the SMA matrix several years ago. This was a large solar display with LED ticker. Since the SMA matrix is no longer available, the Solarfox system offers you a suitable alternative solution with additional functions.
If the data of a PV system is recorded via SMA home manager, Solarfox® can also display the energy efficiency of the building or the degree of self-sufficiency in addition to the yielded values of the photovoltaic system .
SMA Solar Technology AG
|Tel. +49 561 95 22-0
Fax +49 561 95 22-100
IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE SMA INTERFACE
The connections to the SMA Sunnyportal and Ennex OS Portal require a yearly subscription. More information on this can be found here. (MORE)
Communication between SMA Sunnyportal and Solar Display
- The photovoltaic system generates direct current.
- The inverter converts the solar energy into alternating current (solar power).
- The yielded information is transferred directly from the inverter or monitoring component (e.g. webbox, cluster controller) to the Internet.
- After a Solarfox online account has been created, the Solarfox® web server accesses the data in the SMA Sunny Portal and generates a slideshow that you can configure individually via web browser.
- The Solarfox® display retrieves the data from the web server via the Internet and displays the data in an attractive visual slideshow. For this purpose, the Solarfox display only needs to retrieve data via the Internet through port 80.
The following SMA products are compatible:
All SMA inverters are visualised via the SMA Sunnyportal/Ennex OS. Compatible models:
- Webconnect (All Inverters)
- Home Manager
- Data Manager M (Ennex OS)
- Cluster Controller
- Energy meter (Only in combination with Cluster Controller, Homemanager or Data Manager)
- String monitor
The following data can be displayed if the data is available in the Sunny Portal:
- Visualisation of power and power yield
- Display of power consumption / internal consumption
- Energy flow and storage status
- Visualisation of energy self-sufficiency
- Further data on request
COSTS FOR SMA INTERFACE
SMA provides plant operators with various systems for plant monitoring (PV monitoring). The system data is transmitted to the SMA Sunny Portal or the SMA Ennex OS Portal. Special web-based data interfaces are required so that this data can be accessed by third-party systems such as SOLARFOX®. This means that there is server-based communication between SOLARFOX® and SMA in which the required raw data is transmitted automatically. SMA has introduced a new chargeable interface for this data retrieval. In order to ensure the simplest and most customer-friendly process possible for system operators and installers, SOLARFOX® covers the connection of the system and the billing in one process.
For more information, please visit https://www.solar-fox.com/en/information-sma-interface.html
Visualisation via SMA Sunny Portal and combination with other systems and inverters
A Solarfox display is not only compatible with the SMA Sunny Portal, but also with numerous other solar monitoring systems and can visualise several systems simultaneously on a single display across different manufacturers.
Advantages SMA Sunny Portal and Solarfox®
Visualization of several photovoltaic systems of the SMA Sunny Portal
With a Solarfox display it is possible to visualize several data sources or solar systems of the SMA Sunny Portal on one monitor.