Solarfox® displays can be connected to nearly any photovoltaic system. The data communication takes place via the internet and thus provides a very extensive location-independency.
So that Solarfox® is able to visualise the data of the photovoltaic plant, an external data logger or an inverter with an integrated data logger is required. The data logger and the display must be connected to the internet using the following connection variants. This has the advantage that no direct wiring between the data logger and display is needed. Thus, a site for your Solarfox® display can be chosen completely location-independently and is spatially very flexibly.
Communication between PV system and Solarfox® display
- The photovoltaic system generates direct current
- The power inverter converts it to alternating current and transfers the production data to a data logger (e.g. Solar-Log or Meteocontrol Weblog) or directly into a monitoring portal (e.g. SMA Sunnyportal).
- The data logger or inverter transmits data to the internet (e.g. through connection to a router).
- The data is transferred to a portal or to a FTP server.
- The Solarfox ® Web server accesses this data and generates a slide show, which can be individually configured via a web browser.
- The Solarfox ® display accesses the data via the internet and then shows the data in a visually appealing slide show.
Individuality & flexibility
Solarfox® displays to visualise multiple data sources or PV systems on one device.