Important information regarding the receipt of goods:
- Check all goods immediately upon receipt and check packaging from all sides! Hidden transport damages must be reported in written form to the carrier within 7 business days upon receipt according to HGB (German Commercial Code). Damages caused by improper handling during transport and discovered later won’t be accepted and reimbursed by the insurance companies. Hence please report all damages immediately within 5-6 business days.
- Please report the damages as outlined below!
- All documentation including the transportdamage form required by Solarfox for claim settlement shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check your goods for possible transportations damages upon receipt!
Goods delieverd via DPD
Visible, external damage
|Content damaged – packaging ok
Goods delievered via carrier
|Visible, external damage
Content damaged – packaging ok
In case of transport damage caused by DPD and freight forwarding, the claim settlement and recognition of liability is not possible without the complete, timely delivery of the documents to us.
Legal background information:
The consignee or sender of a freight consignment must notify the carrier in accordance with §438 of the German Commercial Code (HGB) of loss or damage to the goods. For externally visible damage or shortages, this must be done at the latest at the time of delivery, otherwise (hidden defects) within seven days of delivery.
Consequences of omitting damage reports:
If complaints with regard to quantity and damage are not made, are insufficient or not made on time, it is assumed by law that the goods were delivered completely and undamaged.
What is considered visible, external damage?
This includes all damage that is clearly visible without opening the packaging from the outside respectively damage that concerns the condition of the packaging. However, damage can be recognized even if there is an indication through some other sensory perception (for example clinking).
Quantity deviations (number of packages) are always recognizable. What is important here is what is accepted according to the shipping documents (delivery note, bill of lading).
When do I need to open the packaging?
- The packaging is visibly damaged (torn, dented, bruised or soaked)
- There are other indications such as:
- Obvious weight deviations (package with 50 kg weight, can be lifted very easily)
In this case, you should open and control all packages in the shipment.