FAQ - frequently asked questions
Installation and Setup
- Can a Solarfox display be used outdoors?
- Which connections are needed?
- Can I hang up the display in the window?
- Where can the Solarfox display be mounted?
- What data do I need to set up the system?
- How long does the commissioning/installation of the Solarfox display take?
- What is the average power consumption for the Solarfox?
- Is the equipment including the accessories or cables for wall mounting ?
- What speed does the Internet connection require?
- Can one separately obtain the Solarfox software or install on their own PC ?
- I already have a TV and would like to display solar box content on it
Security and Garantees
- How is the display updated after configuration changes?
- What happens in case of a system failure?
- How can the system be protected from vandalism?
- Is there a backup or “save” function?
- What happens in the event of a system failure?
- In what temperature range can the SF-100 / SF-300 display be operated?
- Can / may I make technical changes to the system?
- What guarantee is applied on what parts of the system?
Software and Operation
- How can I change the presentation, do I have to be on site?
- Can multiple displays be controlled simultaneously from one location?
- Can I display individual messages on the screen?
- Are the data of a solar energy system be displayed on multiple monitors?
- Can I display promotional information and reference images on the screen?
- How many pictures can I upload?
- Which modules are included in the standard version?
- Can several screens be controlled simultaneously from one location?
- Can I tentatively test and try the functions or features of Solarfox in a preview?
- How do I add a slideshow?
- How many slideshows can I add?
- How many slides per slideshow can I include?
- How do I add a slide in a slideshow?
- Can I subsequently add a slide?
- Can I also add my own text and picture elements to the slides?
- How do I upload my own image?
- Can I put a picture as wallpaper in the Slide?
- How do I edit a slide?
- Can I edit several slides at the same time?
- How do I edit the order of the slideshow?
- My slideshow is missing the data source?
- How do I add a data source?
- Can I add multiple data sources?
- Can a slide be displayed only at certain times?
- How do I change the display duration?
- How long can I adjust the display duration?
- How can I hide some elements of a slideshow?
- How do I add a new display?
- Can I show multiple slideshows on a display?
- How do I upload a logo?
- How do I add a news ticker?
- How can I delete a slide?
- Can I restore a deleted slide?
- How do I delete an entire slideshow?
- What is included?
- Is there a possibility to obtain a device on loan for a fair presentation of testing?
- In what languages is Solarfox available in?
- Where can I submit feedback and suggestions for improvement to Solarfox?
- What is a datalogger? What do I need it for?
- Can I plug the display directly to a data logger (solar-log or Webbox) without an Internet connection?
- Can the system be turned on and off automatically at preset times?
- Can I play TV programs, movie or music files on the display?
- Should the solar system be in the same building / part of the building in which the display is used?