How do I add a data source?
The left sidebar offers you the possibility to add more data sources. You can create exactly one source and a slideshow for each Solarfox display principle. If you want to display multiple data sources need a license for one or more additional data sources. Please refer to more information and prices our Web shop or our price list (these can be on request).
Add new data source to a slideshow
If you want to add an additional data source (E.g. more PV system or electricity) to all slide views of a slideshow you can do this in the slideshow overview.
- Step: Open the left sidebar, and under data sources, click ""Add""
- Step: Register the data source.
- Step: click on ""Home"" (House icon) at the top menu in the online management.
- Step: Click on the specific data source and hold down the mouse button. Drag the data source on the particular slideshow and release the mouse button.
- Step: Specify whether you want to replace or add the existing data source.
- Step: click on the particular slideshow and you call on a slide with the preview function or click on the ""play"" button
Add new data source to a slide
if you want to add an additional data source, only a single or a few slides can do this also slide-related. Proceed as follows :
- Step: open the left sidebar on the online mangement.
- Step: select the desired slideshow in the sidebar.
- Step: click on the desired slide at the bottom right of 'Set data source'.
- Step: It opens a window by using the existing data sources. Here you have to click in the box to assign a data source. Then, click on the ""Apply"" button.
- Step: Click on the preview icon to check the presentation.
Did you know that... ?
Large solar displays by Solarfox are compartible with almost every photovoltaic system
Solarfox displays can be connected to almost every photovoltaic system. The data communication takes place via the internet and thus offers a very extensive location independence. In order to visualize the data of the photovoltaic system, Solarfox needs an external datalogger or an inverter with integrated datalogger. Datalogger and display must be connected to the internet via the following connection options. This has the advantage that you do not need direct cabling between the datalogger and the display. This allows you to select a location of the Solarfox display completely independent of location and very flexibly.
In order to visualize the data of the photovoltaic system, Solarfox needs an external datalogger or an inverter with integrated datalogger. Datalogger and display must be connected to the internet via the following connection
Additional information can be found here: interfaces.
Cumulation of solar power yields and CO2 savings
As an option, system data can also be summarized or cumulated. Solarfox automatically aggregates the individual revenues of the assets into a total revenue and displays them in individual charts. With the accumulated representation different manufacturers and systems can be visualized. In this way it is e.g. possible to cumulate the yield data of three photovoltaic systems with one Solar-Log datalogger, two photovoltaic systems with one SMA Sunny Webbox and two photovoltaic systems with one Meteocontrol weblog.
Common application options are city halls or company headquarters. Yields from various locations and buildings will be made available to a broad public at a central location. Due to the cumulative presentation, the CO2 savings and the total yield can be visualized here. At the same time, the system is future-proof and can subsequently accommodate additional systems.